Operational Site Manager
NHS AfC: Band 7
- Bed Management
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Secondment: For a period of up to 3 months
- Full time: 37.5 Hours Per Week
- 409- 2668175
- Whiston Hospital
- £38,890 - £44,503 Per Annum
- 25/10/2020 23:59
An exciting new learning and development opportunity has arisen within the current Operational Site Management team. So if you would like to take on a new challenge and you consider yourself proactive and are good at problem solving and work well within a multi-disciplinary team this may be of interest to you!
If you are an efficient worker with strong clinical knowledge, excellent communication skills and able to work under pressure whilst remaining focused on safe good quality care, seeking a new personal challenge we look forward to your application.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and self-motivated applicant with a ‘can do’ mind set and a strong interest in patient flow.
The post holder should have up to date knowledge of current issues in patient flow and changes within the Trust. The role is challenging and instrumental to the day to day operations within the Trust.
The candidate must have substantial experience of managing a team or service.
The post-holder will have the following key objectives:
- To support meeting the corporate targets of the Trust;
- To maintain a leading role in the management of clinical capacity to accommodate elective and emergency admissions;
- To provide continuing 24/7 on site corporate management across the Trust, working in partnership with Senior Managers;
- To provide effective accountable leadership;
- To provide senior leadership and routine site management out of hours, in line with the Trust’s Escalation Policy.
Please ensure you have an agreement with your current line manager before applying for this post.
An Enhanced DBS Certificate with the checking of both the Children’s and Adults’ Barred Lists is required for this post.
Interviews for this position will take place on Thursday 29th October 2020. They will be competency based and applicants may be required to complete a seen or unseen presentation as part of this interview process.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Su Hobbs
- Job title
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 43 1960