- Cancer Services
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Whiston Hospital
- £26,565 - £35,577
- 21/06/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Head and Neck Cancer Nurse Specialist
Part Time - 30 hours per week
£26,565 - £35,577 Pro Rata
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Applications are invited for the post of Macmillan Head and Neck Cancer Nurse Specialist. We are looking for an enthusiastic innovative nurse to support patients through their diagnosis, treatment and after care within a well-established Head and Neck Cancer MDT.
The post holder will coordinate patient pathway across multiple cancer centres, whilst maintaining a high standard of patient centred care through holistic needs assessment and living with and beyond cancer recovery package.
The role encompasses working with Allied Health Professionals and cancer Nurse Specialist to ensure that this specialist group of patients received interventional therapies and support to aid their wellbeing.
The survivorship agenda is a priority nationally and is high on the Cancer Alliance agenda; as such the successful candidate will be undertaking Holistic needs assessment clinics, Living With and Beyond Cancer Events and education both internally and externally to heath care professionals and patients following a period of development and ongoing support.
The post holder will provide vital support to these patients, their carer’s and families; you will also be made to feel valued as you are developed to your full potential by this Trust/ Full orientation will be provided.
Advertising Date: 6th June 2018
Closing Date: 21st June 2018
Interview Date: Week commencing 25th June 2018
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
0151 430 2639
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491