Advanced Care Nurse Practitioner Paediatrics
NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Emergency Department
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- £45,753 - £51,668 per annum
- 10/11/2020 23:59
An exciting opportunity has become available to join our Multidisciplinary Paediatric Emergency Medicine Team at Whiston Hospital. Part of St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust, Whiston ED is one of the largest and busiest Emergency Departments in the North West, seeing approximately 130,000 attendances per year across all age ranges, with a collocated Children’s Department. Completed in 2010, further expansion works to the department support the provision of outstanding patient care in the most modern of facilities.
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the Paediatric ACP role, developing its service and providing 5 star patient care and experience in line with our Trust values. You will be joining a growing team of 6 Adult and Paediatric ACP in training, supported by a PEM accredited Consultant and ED Matrons.
You must possess an MSc in Advanced Practice (or equivalent clinical Master’s Degree), certification in Independent and Supplementary prescribing, and able to demonstrate possession of core skills in Advanced Life Support.
Candidates are encouraged to arrange an informal visit and advised to read the following before applying:
• Essential and desirable criteria
• RCEM documents on the role of the ACP
• HEE documents on Advanced Clinical Practice in England.
The post has an 8a banding. After a period of induction and orientation of approximately 6 months you will work alongside the junior doctors and other clinical practitioners on a rolling rota which will include night shifts and weekends
Previous applicants for this vacancy will not be considered
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adult’s and children’s disclosure).
The selection process will consist of an assessment centre and competency based interview the date if which is to be confirmed.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
At St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust, we are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and as such we welcome applications from minority or underrepresented groups.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- John Foo
- Job title
- Assistant Director of Operations
- Email address
- Telephone number