- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- NHS AfC: Band 2
- £17,460 - £18,702
- 22/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Medical Care Group
Care of the Elderly - Frailty Assessment Unit 1A
£17,460 - £18,702 per annum
37.5 hours per week - permanent post
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Band 2 HCA to join our friendly and experienced Medicine for Older People team who will provide a high standard of Nursing Care within the acute setting. Frailty Assessment Unit 1A is a 32 bedded Medicine for Older People/Rehabilitation Ward based at Whiston Hospital.
The post holder is expected to rotate to both days and nights, and is to be flexible in their approach to caring for a group of patients.
The post holder will be expected to deliver care of the highest standard and work closely with other members of the multi-disciplinary team. The ability to work as part of a team is essential.
The post holder must be willing to work towards the Care Certificate qualification.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adult’s and children’s disclosure)
Advertising Date: 12th July 2018
Closing Date: 22nd July 2018
Interview Date: TBC
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Joanne Riley via firstname.lastname@example.org or 0151 426 1600 ext: 2745
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491