NHS AfC: Band 4
- NHS AfC: Band 4
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Whiston Hospital
- £21,892 to £24,157 per annum pro rata
- 23/10/2020 23:59
“You’ll enjoy being able to make a significant impact.
You’ll be glad you chose to join our team.”
This new position offers an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing and expanding Gastroenterology team.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to provide a comprehensive administrative service to the Gastroenterology department.
This demanding role will require excellent time management and organisational skills. The successful candidate must be able to prioritise their own workload and will require a flexible approach to their role.
The post holder will be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages and be able to use a range of computer systems to collate information. Training will be provided where necessary for internal IT systems.
We are looking for a motivated individual who has the ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all disciplines. The post holder will need to be able to work to tight deadlines and withstand the pressure of a busy department and be able to work independently as well as part of the team.
This is a full time position, 37.5 hours per week to be worked Monday - Friday 9am-5pm
Interviews will take place on 30th October and will include a short typing test.
Please be aware, that we may close a vacancy earlier than stated, should a sufficient number of applications be received, you are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Kerry Gilbert
- Job title
- Assistant Directorate Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 430 2310