- Gastroenterology / Care of the Elderly / Stroke / Respirartory
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- 409-532515 IS
- Whiston Hospital
- £22,128 - £28,746 per annum
- 29/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Based at Whiston Hospital
Band 5 £22,128 - £28,746 pa pro rata if part time
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
At St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust, numerous dedicated nurses have commenced or enhanced a very promising career by joining our Trust.
Once you become a STHK nurse, you will find that the support received from staff and the gratitude of well treated patients gives you the energy and desire to thrive in a fast paced environment – all for a great cause: to deliver 5 start patient care.
Before you know it, you will be up-skilling and preparing for your next career challenges in the Trust, in the community or in healthcare in general.
We have vacancies in the following specialties:-
- Care of the Elderly
- Respiratory Medicine
You will benefit from:
- On site modern learning environment in the Education, Training and Conference Centre with well-equipped clinical skills and simulation training rooms and library.
- In house Health, Work and Wellbeing Department.
- Subsidised restaurant and on site car parks.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Car lease programme.
All nursing posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Advert Open: 22nd May 2018
Advert Close: 29th July 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491