- General Medicine
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Whiston Hospital
- £33,222 - £43,041 per annum
- 28/10/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospital NHS Trust
Medical Care Group
Ward Manager, General Medicine
Permanent 37.5 Hours Per Week
Salary £33,222 - £43,041
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the second year running! We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen on Ward 2D at St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust. We are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated band 7 ward manager with a passion for pro-active care and participation with new service developments and expansion of current services. You must be dynamic, enthusiastic and well organised to allow the continual effective team work amongst the nursing and multi professional team. The role is responsible for ensuring high quality effective and safe nursing care is delivered to all patients attending our trust. Having the ability to work as part of a wider team is essential.
The Ward Manager will maintain clinical, professional and managerial leadership for Ward 2D nursing team. By working clinically as a member of the nursing and multi-disciplinary team you will ensure a positive patient experience through the delivery of high standards of patient care. We are looking for a motivated individual who has the ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all disciplines. It is essential to have strong leadership and managerial experience.
If you are the individual for this role and are also flexible, supportive and ready for an exciting new experience then please apply.
We are an outstanding trust, where our valued workforce is recognised for their unique skills and talents with our teams of experts winning national awards on a regular basis.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adult’s and children’s disclosure).
Advertising Date: 12th October 2018
Closing Date: 28th October 2018
Shortlist by 3rd November 2018
Interview Date: TBA
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Lyn Swift Ward Matron ext. 6259.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491