- NHS AfC: Band 6
- £28,050 - £36,644 per annum
- 20/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Ward Sister/Charge Nurse/Co-Ordinator
Maternity & Gynaecology Unit – Ward 3E
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
£28,050 - £36,644 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Maternity and Gynaecology Unit. We are looking for a highly motivated Ward Sister/Charge Nurse with a significant experience of post registration.
Applicants are expected to be forward thinking, enthusiastic professionals. The post holder will need to be an effective leader, with excellent communication skills, who is able to provide support to all members of our dedicated nursing team. The successful candidate is expected to continually improve the 5 star patient care provided by our Gynaecology Service.
Ward 3E Gynaecology has 19 beds, 2 treatment rooms and a dedicated 4 recliner chair bay for patients suffering with hyperemesis. We are a busy surgical unit with both day case and major operations taking place daily. We also have a busy triage service that offers doctor and nurse led review to emergency patients from A&E, GP practices and a dedicated 2 week self-referral service. We also run 2 nurse led telephone clinics from the ward, a pre op school for patients to attend and offer a dedicated individualised service to patients suffering from a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
An Enhanced DBS Certificate with the checking of both Children’s and Adults Barred Lists is required for this post.
Advertising Date: 10th July 2018
Closing Date: 20th July 2018
Shortlisting Date: 26th July 2018
Interview Date: 27th July 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Matron ext 1004 or ask for bleep 7615
Ward Manager ext 1522/5993
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491