Head of Complaints and Legal Services
NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Head of complaints and Legal Services
- NHS AfC: Band 8b
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- Whiston Hospital
- £53,168 - £62,001 per annum
- 30/10/2020 23:59
This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, skilled and highly motivated individual looking to make a real difference to the care experienced by our patients, by leading an effective Trust-wide complaints and claims management system.
We are looking for an exceptional and dedicated individual to lead our complaints and claims management. The post holder will be able to make a direct impact in delivering the Trust’s vision to deliver five-star patient care. The successful applicant will play a leading role in the Trust’s provision of a robust and responsive complaints and claims service, which is in line with the latest legislation, national guidance and Trust policy and will contribute extensively to high quality patient care across the Trust.
The post holder will set the strategy for complaints and claims management and ensure that consistently high standards are achieved; including timely and thorough responses and a robust lessons learned framework is in place. They will monitor and report on performance and facilitate suitable resolution, setting the standards and overseeing responses from the Care Groups to ensure they are accurate, compassionate, patient-centred and fully respond to all concerns raised.
The post holder must have a proven track record in transforming services, with the ability to motivate and influence others. They need to demonstrate excellent organisational and managerial skills to lead the team. In addition, the post holder will provide training for a wide range of staff in complaints and claims management, investigation and response writing.
The successful candidate will have access to a range of both internal and external learning opportunities to support their ongoing professional development.
Interviews will take place on Tuesday 10th and Wednesday 11th November 2020.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Anne Rosbotham-Williams
- Job title
- Deputy Director of Governance
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 676 5606