- Human Resources
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- Whiston Hospital
- £31,696 - £41,787 per annum
- 21/06/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
HR Business Partner
Medical Care Group
Based at Whiston Hospital
At a time of transformation within the NHS, St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust are looking to recruit an experienced HR professional with a proven track record in enabling business improvement and change and with an extensive employee relations background. At StHK we are very proud of our ongoing national recognition as an employer of choice and provider of excellent patient care.
As HR Business Partner of the largest Care Group in the Trust, you will support the senior management team and clinical managers in ensuring we have the right people with the right skills in the right place to achieve the our 5 Star Patient Care Trust Objectives.
Achievement of the workforce dashboard, quality and productivity KPIs are critical to the provision of safe, effective, quality care with an excellent patient experience.
Your role will be to coach the care group’s leadership teams to optimise staff engagement, and help to develop a learning culture which will support our workforce.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be supported by a HR Advisor and work as part of a highly qualified and experienced team of HR professionals. You will be a Graduate CIPD member and have considerable operational experience post qualification some of which is ideally within the NHS.
You will also have experience of managing change, complex casework, have a good working knowledge of employment law including TUPE, excellent IT skills and highly developed communication skills.
The ability to establish professional credibility is essential, as is experience of building relationships and influencing people at all levels within an organisation. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a demanding workload are also required.
An analytical and creative approach to problem solving is required and a commitment to the provision of high quality HR services in a very fast moving environment.
If you think you can make a contribution in our changing world and would enjoy the challenges this brings, we would love to hear from you.
Advert Open: 5th June 2018
Advert Close: 21st June 2018
Shortlisting: 25th June 2018
Interview / Assessment: 4th July 2018
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Laura Codling Interim Head of HR via email: email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 430 1967