- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- NHS AfC: Band 4
- 37.5 hours
- Whiston & St Helens Hospital
- £20,150 - £23,363 per annum
- 24/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Registered Pharmacy Technician (Rotational)
Whiston & St Helens Hospital
Job type: Permanent
Hours per week: 37.5
Salary: Band 4 £20,150 - £23,363 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
The Pharmacy Department requires enthusiastic and well motivated Pharmacy Technicians to help us expand and continue the modernisation of the medicines management services provided within the Trust, and to participate in our initiative for 7 day working.
Pharmacy technicians have a key role in the hospital pharmacy team, being involved in many aspects of the use and management of medicines within the Trust.
You will rotate between the Dispensaries at both Whiston and St. Helens Hospitals, and be involved in the dispensing of inpatient and out-patient medicines, assessing Patient’s own medicines for re-use, controlled drugs, ward based duties and general dispensary duties.
The Pharmacy operates a 7 day service and as part of this role you will be expected to participate in the evening and weekend working rota.
You must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician with The GPhC.
Applications will also be accepted from Trainee Pharmacy Technicians qualifying this year.
Appointment will be conditional on successful registration and registration must be completed before the commencement of the post.
These posts will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children's disclosure)
Advertising start date: Tuesday 10th July 2018
Closing date: Sunday 22nd July 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For any enquiries, or to arrange a visit contact, Gill Eddleston on 0151 290 4289 or email gillian.eddleston@.sthk.nhs.uk
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491