NHS AfC: Band 6
- NHS AfC: Band 6
- Part time - 30 hours per week
- Whiston Hospital
- £31,365 - £37,890 pro rata per annum
- 22/10/2021 23:59
St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals is a busy acute trust situated 8 miles from Liverpool city centre, that is committed to delivering the highest quality patient care. It consists of two hospital sites – Whiston and St Helens Hospitals and three community based departments.
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and dedicated individual to join our family-friendly team. Experience in IR is essential. The role will include working in IR, CT and plain film when required.
Main duties of the job
The Radiology Department performed over 310,000 examinations last year. The Department is equipped via a Managed Equipment Service which provides regular refresh of all imaging equipment ensuring that the latest up to date technology is available for our patients.
The department is extremely proactive and continually aims to improve its service to patients. Radiographers are actively encouraged to take part in clinical governance, audit, training and clinical professional development.
Interview Date: 1st November 2021
Working for our organisation
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Detailed job description and main responsibilities
- Perform radiographic examinations in accordance with departmental protocols
- Be competent in the use of all appropriate x-ray equipment
- Maintain high standards of radiographic technique at all times
- Participate in the shift, on-call and out of hours service
- Perform QA checks on all equipment used within radiology
- Abide by radiographic protocols
- Abide by all Radiation Protection regulations
- Report all equipment malfunctions to appropriate personnel
- Responsible for sending accurate image data to the Picture Archiving Communication System for storage, transmission and archive
- Supervise junior radiographers, assistant practitioners and students
- Justify radiographic examinations for Radiographic Assistant Practitioners
- Ensure delivery of a patient focussed service including care comfort and dignity of all patients
- Take an active role in the general cleanliness and professional image of the department
- Responsible for assuring the safety of him/herself and others in accordance with Trust and departmental protocols e.g. COSHH, Radiation Protection etc
- Be competent in Asceptic technique.
- Understand the medical and surgical equipment used during an IR procedure eg appropriate catheters and guidewires necessary for procedure and their differences.
- Understand complications of IR procedures and escalation process
- Be able to identify a deteriorating patient
- Understand the drugs used in IR.
Please see the attached job description and person specification for further details.
- BSc in Radiography or equivalent qualification
- HCPC registered
Knowledge & Experience
- Sufficient number of years post graduate clinical experience
- Manage self and others
- Experience of participation in emergency single handed out of hours duties
- Sufficient number of year IR experience
- Ability to perform cannulation and follow ANTT procedures
- General CT Experience
- Evidence of audit within radiography practice
- Ability to interact with a multidisciplinary team in a clinical enviroment
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Evidence of time management skills
- IT literate
- Presentational skills
- Training skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team Player
- Flexible approach to working patterns
- Evidence of Commitment to image quality and providing a quality service
- Must be able to travel by car / car assisted driver
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sue Haunch
- Job title
- Clinical Professional Manager
- Telephone number
- 0151 430 1085