- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Whiston Hospital
- £22,128 - £22,746
- 29/05/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens and Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
£22,128 - £28, 746
Full and part time hours available
Due to an increase in our service an exciting opportunity has arisen for qualified ODPs or RGN’s with recovery experience to join our busy Recovery teams working in our state of the art theatres. Applicants must be registered with the NMC or HPC and should be enthusiastic, self-motivated with a commitment to provide quality patient care within the post -operative phase of the patients journey. The post holder must be enthusiastic, flexible have good communication skills and be a team player. Suitable applicants will have demonstrable experience, mentorship is provided for staff new in post.
The post holder may be required to work across both Whiston and St Helens sites and must be flexible to work weekends and evenings.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
In the 2017 NHS Staff Survey, our Acute Trust rated ‘best nationally’ in a whole host of areas, including:
- As a place to work
- A place to receive treatment
- Staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- Staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they received
We were also recently voted;
- Number 1 in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE) 2017 awards.
- Best in the North West and second nationally for our stroke service in the 2017 National Stroke Audit
This post requires an Enhanced DBS Certificate, checked with both Adults & Children's barred lists.
Advertising date: 8th May 2018
Closing date: 29th May 2018
Interview date: TBC
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
0151 430 2800
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491