- NHS Medical & Dental: Specialty Doctor
- Fixed term 12 months
- 40 Hours
- £37,923 - £70,718 per annum
- 02/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Fixed term 12 months
£37,923 - £70,718 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Applicants are invited to apply for the post of Specialty Doctor in Urology for 12 months fixed term.
The post holder will undertake elective and non-elective urology work
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust serves a population of 340,000. The area surrounding the Trust is of mixed residential, industrial and rural character situated on the edge of Merseyside between the open countryside of Cheshire to the south and Lancashire to the north.
Opportunities are available to participate in on-going research projects. However, clinical experience and research opportunities will be valuable for individuals wishing to progress in their career. Whiston Hospital - is a Teaching Hospital that provides a comprehensive range of acute medical and surgical services, major accident and emergency services, maternity services, paediatrics, care of the elderly and the Regional Burn and Plastic Surgery Unit. The Critical Care Unit comprises an Intensive Care Unit and High Dependency Unit (20 beds) and a 14-bedded Coronary Care Unit. St Helens Hospital - has been re-built and opened as an Ambulatory Care Centre with Intermediate Care and Day Surgery in 2008. This contains a large outpatient facility and state of the art diagnostic services together with brand new day case theatres and day wards.
Date Advertised: 04/06/2018
Date Advert Close: 02/07/2018
Date Shortlisting to commence: 03/07/2018
Date of Interviews: TBC
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Further information regarding this post is available from Mr Hosea Gana, Clinical Director for Urology on 0151 430 1907 and Mr J E McCabe on 0151 430 1976
If you have problems applying, contact