- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Band 5
- 22/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse or a Student Nurse due to qualify in 2018 or early 2019?
If so, attending our July Recruitment Day on Tuesday 31st July 2018 will give you the opportunity to visit the hospital, meet your future colleagues as well as discuss training options. However, first and foremost, the recruitment day could be a starting/turning point in your nursing career.
At St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust, numerous dedicated nurses have commenced or enhanced a very promising career by attending our recruitment days. Once you become a STHK nurse, you will find that the support received from staff and the gratitude of well treated patients gives you the energy and desire to thrive in a fast paced environment – all for a great cause: to deliver 5 start patient care. Before you know it, you will be up-skilling and preparing for your next career challenges in the Trust, in the community or in healthcare in general.
We have many opportunities available for you to consider, in addition you will be enrolled on our revolutionary PML programme aimed at new qualified nurses, providing a 3 year framework incorporating a comprehensive preceptorship programme, provision of a mentoring course and enrolment onto our leadership programme.
Why not apply today and attend the event in February where we will be interviewing for the following specialties:-
- Care of the Elderly Medicine
- Frailty Assessment Unit
- Respiratory Medicine
- Stroke Hyper-acute Unit and Rehabilitation Ward
- General Medicine
As a student, or qualified as a nurse, you will benefit from:
- State of the Art facilities.
- On site modern learning environment in the Education, Training and Conference Centre with well-equipped clinical skills and simulation training rooms and library.
- In house Health, Work and Wellbeing Department.
- Subsidised restaurant and on site car parks.
- Childcare vouchers.
- Car lease programme.
For Student Nurses awaiting their PIN; you will have the opportunity to start as a Band 4 HCA
If you are interested, why not apply on-line or come along with your CV on Tuesday 31st July 2018 and discuss your options with our nursing teams.
The recruitment day will take place between 3pm and 7pm in the Education, Training and Conference Centre, based in Nightingale House, on the Whiston Hospital site, Warrington Road, L35 5DR, Prescot. The last interview will take place at 18:30hrs.
These posts will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children) disclosure.
Opening Date: Friday 29th June 2018
Closing date: Friday 22nd July 2018
Interviews will be held on the day or week commencing 9th August 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
For further details / informal visits contact, The Recruitment Team at email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact