- Band 6/7
- As and When
- Prescot and St Helens
- Today at 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
- Top in the North West and 7th nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England 2014 and 2015)
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Bank Pharmacist position available
This post is offered on Band 6/7 scale depending on experience
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and motivated pharmacist to join the Bank to assist our substantive team of staff in the provision of the Trust’s pharmacy service Duties will include:
Assisting in either or both of the Trust’s modern dispensaries to perform those duties that require a registered pharmacist. Examples include clinical checks on a wide range of in-patient, out-patient, and take home medications to ensure safe and legal supply, signing for receipt of Controlled Drugs and answering Medicines Information queries.
Depending on experience, or with further training, there may be the chance to participate in the clinical pharmacy services on selected wards
The department operates a 7 day service to the medical care group and there may be the opportunity for suitable candidates to assist in the provision of this service
The Trust comprises two modern high-performing state-of-the-art PFI hospitals, St Helens and Whiston, which have accredited teaching hospital status. We cover a large suburban area between Liverpool and Warrington, including St Helens, Prescot and Huyton. There are in the region of 800 beds which provide for most major specialities.
The Pharmacy Department has over 80 staff operating across the two sites. We have established automated dispensing systems within both dispensaries, and there is an ambitious and active technology implementation program which includes automated labelling & checking. A new e-prescribing facility has recently been launched.
Both the Department and the Trust has a long-standing reputation for being a friendly and rewarding place to work and it has established peer support and team working A previous Investors in People assessment recognised our Pharmacy as an outstandingly good department for staff support and development.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children) disclosure.
Advertising Date: TBC
Closing Date: TBC
Interview Date TBC
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Stephen Brough Principal Pharmacist Surgery Whiston Hospital 0151 426 1600 ext 1563
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491