IT Security Analyst
NHS AfC: Band 5
- Admin & Clerical
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Alexandra Park
- St Helens
- £24,907 - £30,615 per annum
- Today at 23:59
Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
Working within the Informatics Department, this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced individual to join the team as an IT Security Analyst
The successful candidate will have experience of security assessing large complex IT environments and experience of working with suppliers and third parties.
The candidate will be educated to degree level, recognised certificate within security (CCNA SEC, CISSP, SSCP etc.) or equivalent IT security experience
You will have substantial technical ability and specialist knowledge concerning security of IT infrastructure and networks.
You will have excellent communication and presentation skills; good planning and organisational skills and the ability to produce clear and comprehensive reports.
The successful candidate must be able to complete projects on time, have a customer/user focused attitude and be very organised and methodical in their approach.
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Please be aware, that we may close a vacancy earlier than stated, should a sufficient number of applications be received, you are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Please note, interviews may include assessment tasks. Interview date is to be confirmed.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Eric Phipps
- Job title
- Assistant Director of Informatics
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 676 5771