- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full Time
- St Helens
- St Helens
- £23,023 - £29,608
- Today at 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens Hospital
Full Time – 37.5 hours per week
£23,023 - £29,608 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Are you an outstanding Audiologist?
If so we would love you to join our small team of enthusiastic and committed audiologists working in one of the only outstanding outpatients departments in the country, as per CQC August 2015.
The Audiology service is located in the newly built diagnostic and treatment centre at St Helens Hospital. This comprises of a suite of four sound proof booths, four sound treated fitting rooms, four ENT consult exam rooms and admin/workroom facilities.
We have been an AQP provider for several years but also provide direct access for local GPs for anyone over 18. This means clinics are anything but routine and staff are expected to deal with a wide mixed case load.
We also support ENT clinics at a number of other sites and provide hearing aid services in community health centres. Although we are an “adult only site” we do liaise with the community based Paediatric Audiology service on a regular basis and provide audiometric support for paediatric ENT clinics and transition clinics.
We offer a wide range of services, including;
- Diagnostic support and rehabilitative services to 4 ENT consultants
- Direct GP referrals for Adult hearing aid provision.
- Hearing aid work within MHAS guidelines/protocols with local adjustments.
- It is hoped that the services provided by the department will be expanded shortly to include provision of services for tinnitus patients
The post holder must have excellent communication skills and be able to work in a team environment as well as being able to work using your own initiative. You must be flexible to adapt to the changing demands of the service and keen to develop yourself.
The successful applicant will also be expected to work on all sites.
Applicants should hold an MSc, BSc or Diploma in Audiology and hold a completed log book giving evidence of practical experience, or equivalent. However, applications will also be accepted from final year BSc students who have a real commitment to developing themselves into successful practitioners.
All Audiologists (including newly qualified) will be expected to be able to manage their own case load and assist in the provision of clinical education for student placements.
Advertising Date: 12th July 2018
Closing Date: 19th July 2018
Shortlisting Date: To be confirmed
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491