Children's Clinical Lead Nurse
NHS AfC: Band 7
- Children Community Nursing
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week (37.5 hours per week)
- Alexandra Park
- St Helens
- £38,890 - £44,503 Per Annum
- 25/01/2021 23:59
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge?
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Paediatric Clinical Leader to join our Community Paediatric team in the Community of St Helens.
You would be based Alexandra Park in St Helens, but may be asked to work in all areas of St Helens. You would be working with a team of Doctors, Nurses and Administrators and have a special interest in ADHD and children with Complex needs.
The successful candidate would assess children in special schools, run autonomous diagnostic clinics and write prescriptions for children in the community.
The team have recently joined the outstanding trust and are looking for a special someone who enjoys a challenge, someone who considers themselves as a problem solver and keen to learn. The successful person must be competent in Excel and Word.
Why Join Us?
Your professional development is very important to us, as this is a key element which enables you to offer best quality service to our patients and is also essential for your career progression, we can offer you;
- An established induction programme, supported by the Practice Development Nurse
- At least one month supernumerary when you join our enthusiastic and dynamic team
The post holder must be able to meet the travel requirements of this post, the ability to travel between multiple sites is essential in this role.
There are both full and part time permanent positions available.
An Enhanced DBS Certificate, with the checking of both the Children’s and Adults’ Barred Lists is required for this post.
Interviews for this position will take place week commencing 21st January 2021.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – Inspection August 2018 and March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Sheena Kennedy
- Job title
- Clinical Manager
- Email address
- Additional information