- General Practice
- NHS Medical & Dental: Salaried GP
- Full Time
- St Helens
- St Helens
- 04/12/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- As a place to work
- A place to receive treatment
- Staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- Staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Marshalls Cross Medical Centre, St Helens Hospital
Primary Care or with Special Interest
2 x Permanent Contracts available
Full Time /Sessions flexible
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the second year running! We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
One simple choice. One big impact.
An experienced General Practitioner with an impressive track record, we believe you should consider a GP/GPSI post at Marshalls Cross Medical Centre. There are plenty of good reasons to choose us. We are a highly performing Trust, where clinicians actively shape services.
Here, you will work in purpose built, state of the art facilities. You will receive a competitive salary, with a wide range of benefits including access to the NHS Pension Scheme, a generous A/L package and full indemnity Insurance on top of your salary. You will help us build on our excellent reputation and you will be instrumental in enhancing our capacity to deliver world-class services, whilst making a significant impact on patient care - You will be glad you chose to join our team.
Marshalls Cross Medical Centre Practice is located within St Helens Hospital and currently looks after 5000+ patients, many of which are elderly with complex health requirements.
As a GP or GPSI you will have the opportunity to work as part of an MDT team, enhancing your skills and experience within a stable and nurturing environment, with access to a wide range of training opportunities.
Our vision is to deliver the highest quality healthcare to patients, by a highly skilled and motivated constantly improving team.
We are looking to expand our team with a suitably qualified and experienced Salaried GP, who may also have an area of Special Interest that they wish to develop within our Secondary Care Services (dependant on Speciality). You will provide personal medical services, manage a caseload and deal with a wide range of health needs, ensuring the highest standards of care for all registered and temporary patients.
Six sessions per week + protected CPD time or full time with hours split across the practice and the area of specialist interest within the Trusts wider Secondary Care services, this post will be of interest to any GPs who are looking to work in a forward thinking organisation where innovation is actively supported. In addition to a competitive starting salary and NHS pension scheme we offer 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays, pro rata).
Some of the benefits of working at Marshalls Cross Medical Centre include:
- Support from our clinical workforce, GPs and excellent support from management
- Active career progression and skills development throughout employment with the Practice
- A total commitment to your continued professional development
- Unique opportunity to be part of an Acute Hospital Trust with support from senior medical and consultant colleagues, AHP and management
- Flexible hours and sessions available to suit personal circumstance
- Full indemnity insurance on top of salary
This is a unique opportunity for the right individual - We offer a vision for General Practice where Primary and Secondary Care work hand in hand to provide a seamless pathway to treatment for all our patients.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adult’s and children’s disclosure).
Date Advertised 06.11.2018
Date Advert Close 04.12.2018
Date Shortlisting to commence w/c 05.12.2018
Date of Interviews TBC
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Mrs Patricia Keeley, Assistant Director of Operations or Ms Karen Birchall, Directorate Manager, St Helens Hospital on 01744 646618
If you have problems applying, contact