- Information Governance
- NHS AfC: Band 5
- Full time 37.5 hours
- Alexandra park
- St Helens
- £23,023-£29,608 per annum
- Today at 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Information Governance Officer
Full time 37.5 hours per week
£23,023-£29,608 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Information Governance Officer to work within the Health Informatics Information Governance Team.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated individual who will play a key role in ensuring that the organisations we support meet all legal requirements in connection with confidentiality and security of personal information and the management of organisational information.
You will have:
- A degree level qualification and /or equivalent working experience gained in an Information Governance role /Governance role or equivalent working experience in an area related to Governance within the NHS or similar organisation
- You will have had experience in producing and interpreting data
- You will need to be able to demonstrate a basic understanding of the main requirements of the Data Protection Act and the Information Governance Toolkit
- As staff training will be a part of your remit, experience in developing and delivering training packages would be an advantage.
In return for your commitment and enthusiasm you will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge relevant to the role.
Advertising date: 5th July 2018
Closing date: 19th July 2018
Shortlisting date: 20th July 2018
Interviews: w/c 23rd July 2018
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Craig Walker – Head of Information Governance & Quality Assurance – DPO , 0151 676 5697
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 430 1967