- Oncology and Chemotherapy
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- 37.5 hours
- St Helens Hospital
- St Helens
- £33,222 - £43,041 per annum
- 20/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Job Title: Lilac Centre Unit Manager
Area of Work St Helens & Whiston Hospital
Department Cancer Services
Working pattern 37.5 hours to be worked flexibly over 7 days
Job Type Permanent
Pay Band 7
Salary: £33,222 - £43,041
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly skilled manager, with proven leadership ability to join the team in our award winning chemotherapy day unit. The unit is a busy dynamic environment that is very rapidly expanding. The unit currently operates 8am -8pm Monday to Friday and we envisage that the team and will be providing services across 7 days of the week in due course. We are looking for someone with enthusiasm, motivation and vision to manage and lead the team. The successful candidate must have a flexible approach to work and possess excellent communication skills.
The role involves prioritising and managing the daily workload of the unit and provision of strong leadership to an expanding team. Practical elements of the role involves delivery of anti-cancer treatments to patients, developing staff, promoting awareness and education of oncology issues and supporting patients and their families during a critical time in their cancer care.
You will be supported by an excellent team, including two Advanced Nurse Practitioners, a Lead Systemic Anti-Cancer Nurse, Chemotherapy Nurses, Health Care Assistants and administration staff. Chemotherapy experience is highly desirable but we are looking primarily for a dynamic individual who can provide leadership to the team. Applications are invited from Registered Nurses with the following:
- Registered Nurse
- Degree (or working towards)
- Significant years’ experience in oncology/haematology nursing
- Preferably, chemotherapy nursing experience at band 6 or above
- Teaching and Assessing qualification
- Evidence of cancer related study
- Management qualification preferred but not essential as training will be given
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children) disclosure.
Advertising Date: 29th June 2018
Closing Date: 20th July 2018
Interview Date: TBC
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491