- NHS AfC: Band 5
- St Helens Hospital
- St Helens
- £23,023 - £29,608
- 01/08/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens Hospital
Full & Part Time Hours Available
£23,023 - £29,608 Per Annum Pro Rata
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Looking for a new challenge?
If you are committed to make a big difference in the patients’ lives in our award-winning facilities, do not hesitate to apply.
A career in our Operating Theatres has never been more rewarding, in a Trust officially named by the Chief Inspector of Hospitals ‘one of the best performing Trusts in the NHS’. As a Nurse or Theatre Practitioner you will be working in one of only 3 acute hospitals nationally rated ‘outstanding’ by the CQC, supported by a dedicated, friendly team.
We are looking for a highly dedicated and enthusiastic Theatre Practitioner to join our hard-working team to help continue the outstanding 5 star patient care we deliver to all of our visitors.
We are located in St Helens Hospital and form part of the Day Case Unit which incorporates a busy Day Ward, Sanderson Suite, accommodating approximately 60 -70 patients per day. Theatres operate six days per week Monday – Saturday including evening sessions.
In exchange for your dedication and enthusiasm, you will benefit from:
- Comprehensive induction.
- Supernumerary/preceptorship period if you are a newly qualified ODP or a Nurse.
- Training in various surgical specialities.
- Access to funded CPD courses.
- Support with revalidation.
The posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure with both adults’ and children’s barred lists.
Advertising Date: 12th July 2018
Closing Date: 1st August 2018
Shortlisting Date: 2nd August 2018
Interview Date: 11th August 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491