- Surgical Care
- NHS AfC: Band 8a
- Full time 37.5 hours per week
- st helens
- St Helens Hospital
- £42,414-£49,969 per annum
- 24/10/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Surgical Care Group
St Helens Hospital
Full time 37.5 hours per week
£42,414-£49,969 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the second year running! We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as we have a vacancy for a Nurse Clinician within the Surgical Care Group at St Helens Hospital.
We are seeking an autonomous, dynamic professional who will deliver high quality advanced clinical care
The role includes dynamic Nurse led Pre-operative Assessment , Emergency Team Member within the St Helens Hospital Site and Nurse led inpatient care on our busy short stay Surgical Care Unit
You will work autonomously and be a team player and work flexibly in order to deliver the highest quality care to our patients
You must be enthusiastic and innovative, with excellent communication skills, and a willingness to contribute to the improvement and development of services within the Hospital
You must be educated to Masters Level and be qualified and experienced in Clinical Examination, Diagnostics and Non-Medical Prescribing
You must have ALS/PLS or a willingness to complete these.
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for adults).
Advertising date: 10th October 2018
Closing date: 24th October 2018
Shortlisting date: 25th October 2018
Interviews: 8th November 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Steph Wiswell, Matron
Tel: 0151 426 1600, extension 6106, bleep 7172
Andy O’Brien, Directorate Manager
0151 426 1600, extension 6675
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 430 1967