- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 10 PA's
- £76,761-£103,490 per annum
- 08/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- As a place to work
- A place to receive treatment
- Staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- Staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Consultant Cardiologist-Heart Failure and Pacing or Heart Failure and Imaging Lead
10PA's-additional PA's for on-call
£76,761-£103,490 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Applications are invited for Consultant in Cardiology at St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust. This appointment will strengthen and further expand the department to a total of 7 WTE consultants. The appointee will be joining a busy, innovative and evolving, friendly department and would be required to work as part of the established multi-disciplinary team. Successful candidates will be expected to have extensive General Cardiology knowledge and experience. Subspecialty interest in Heart Failure/Pacing or Cardiac Imaging is especially desirable.
The post is a full time appointment (10 PA) in Cardiology Department and offers 8.5 direct clinical (DCC) sessions and a minimum 1.5 supporting professional activities (SPA) in addition to on call PA equivalent and future PA for further SPA development.
Applicants must have full GMC Registration and must be on the Specialist Register or within six months of their CCT from the date of the interview.
Advert date: 05th June 2018
Closing date: 08th July 2018
Shortlisting date: week commencing 09th July 2018
Interview date: 15th August 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Abdullah Mohammed Clinical Director 0151 430 1041 or via email email@example.com
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5493