- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full Time 37.5 hours per week
- £31,696 - £41,787 per annum
- 08/06/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Senior Gastrointestinal Physiologist
Full time 37.5 hours per week
Band 7 (annex 21) subject to experience
Salary £31,696 - £41,787
Whilst this post is advertised as a Senior Gastrointestinal band 7, The Trust may utilise the Annex 21 training post.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
This new position offers an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing and expanding Gastroenterology team. This new post is designed to strengthen the existing department. The post holder will take on the new role Gastrointestinal Physiologist at St Helens and Knowsley NHS Trust. He/she will be working as part of the gastroenterology, upper GI and colorectal clinical teams and provide specialist care and diagnostic services. The post holder will assist in the delivery of GI physiology services throughout the Trust, working within the multidisciplinary team supporting medical, nursing and other clinical colleagues to develop a new and exciting service.
We are looking for a motivated individual who has the ability to communicate effectively and confidently across all disciplines. The post holder will need to be able to work to tight deadlines and withstand the pressure of a busy department and be able to work independently as well as part of the team. Clinical responsibilities will revolve around outpatient care. As such, the post holder will be required and expected to provide certain skills. These will include upper GI pH studies, upper GI manometry studies, anorectal physiology studies and capsule endoscopy.
As the post-holder will be instrumental to this new service, they will contribute to physiology related clinical governance and overseeing relevant audits or research.
We are an outstanding Trust, where our valued workforce is recognised for their unique skills and talents with our teams of experts winning national awards on a regular basis.
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure which will include children and adults.
Advertising Date: 15th May 2018
Closing Date: 8th June 2018
Shortlisting Date: 12th June 2018
Interview Date: TBC
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491