- This post is only open to internal applicants.
- NHS AfC: Band 4
- 37.5 Per Week
- £19,409 - £22,683 Per Annum
- 19/06/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Junior Network Engineer
Full time 37.5 hours per week
£19,409 - £22,683 Per Annum
We are currently looking to recruit a Junior Network Engineer to join our busy IT Networks team.
The principal role of the Junior Network Engineer will be to provide first and second-line network support to customers across a number of NHS Trusts, Clinical Commissioning Groups and General Practices using a support call logging system and various network tools.
The ideal candidates will have:-
Significant experience in an IT/Network support role;
Experience of telephone based support;
Experience of IT/Network support in the NHS;
Excellent customer care skills;
Good problem analysis skills;
Knowledge of Cisco products, although training will be provided.
This role offers an excellent opportunity to join a large IT service (150+ staff) that will offer opportunities for career progression to the right candidates.
We are an outstanding trust, where our valued workforce is recognised for their unique skills and talents with our teams of experts winning national awards on a regular basis.
The Trust also has an excellent performance track record, with Whiston Hospital rated the cleanest hospital in the NHS in the PLACE accreditation, accolades from the CQC, CNST Level 3 safety score for maternity services, we were nominated by the HSJ as one of the Best Places to work in 2014 and achieved the best staff satisfaction survey for acute Trusts in Cheshire and Merseyside in both 2013 and 2014.
Advertising date: 12th June 2018
Closing date: 19th June 2018
Interviews: 3rd July 2018
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Network and IT Security Manager
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 430 1967