- NHS Medical & Dental: Consultant
- 10PAs + 1 For On Call
- £76,761-£103,490 per annum
- 04/07/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- As a place to work
- A place to receive treatment
- Staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- Staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Consultant Medical Microbiologist
£76,761-£103,490 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time
Applications are invited for this full-time substantive post. The post is a replacement for a whole time Consultant Microbiologist at St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals (NHS) Trust (STHK). The successful candidate will join a team of 6 Consultants in total.
The Pathology Directorate is within the Clinical Support Services Care
Group and provides the services to STHK and Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals Trust (SOHT) as well as direct access.
The Microbiology laboratory is located on a single site at Whiston Hospital.
The Trust has excellent management, robust systems and innovative
processes all of which have underpinned a period of sustained and
improved performance as it moves towards Foundation Trust status.
All applicants must possess FRCPath or equivalent, have training and
broad experience in Microbiology including Virology and Infection
Successful candidate must have a GMC registration and be on the Specialist Register within six months of interview.
The successful applicant will be based at Whiston Hospital.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children) disclosure.
Advert date: Monday 04th June 2018
Closing date: Wednesday 04th July 2018
Shortlisting date: week commencing 09th July 2018
Interview date: Tuesday 07th August 2018
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Dr Madhur Vardhan, Consultant Microbiologist, Clinical Lead Microbiology,
telephone 0151 430 1836, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5493