Senior Biomedical Scientist-Microbiology
NHS AfC: Band 7
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Fixed term: ending 07th October 2021
- Full time: 37.5hrs/wk 24/7 Shift
- Whiston Hospital
- £38,890 - £44,503 Per annum
- 22/10/2020 23:59
Applications are invited from state registered Biomedical Scientists who hold FIBMS or equivalent MSc or working towards this and have or are prepared to work towards an appropriate management qualification.
Working closely with the Operational Lead and the Microbiology team you must have the ability to organise and motivate staff and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as proven technical and operational experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of a section of the department and will have experience of managing quality systems including UKAS as well as deputising for the operational lead in their absence.
Microbiology processes approximately 550,000 requests each year 24/7 rota in operation since Oct 2014.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Job title
- operational Lead Microbiology
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0151 430 1278