- Band 2
- Southport/ Ormskirk/Community sites
- £15,404 - £18,157
- 20/06/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
BASED AT SOUTHPORT AND ORMSKIRK / COMMUNITY SITES
DIRECTORATE OF PATHOLOGY
21 Hours per week (Working on a rotational basis) Monday to Sunday
£15,404 - £18,157 PRO RATA
Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust provides healthcare in hospital and the community to 258,000 people across Southport, Formby and West Lancashire.
Acute care is provided at Southport and Formby District General Hospital and Ormskirk and District General Hospital. This includes adults’ and children’s accident and emergency services, intensive care and a range of medical and surgical specialities. Women’s and children’s services, including maternity, are provided at Ormskirk hospital.
The North West Regional Spinal Injuries Centre at Southport hospital provides specialist care for spinal patients from across the North West, North Wales and the Isle of Man.
The Trust also provides sexual health services for the Metropolitan Borough of Sefton.
Applications are invited from flexible, hard-working individuals for this part-time post. Previous phlebotomy experience is essential further training will be given on appointment.
This post will be based at Southport & Ormskirk Hospitals but will be expected to work at other sites within the Trust and surrounding community. You will be required to participate in the Outpatient Department, Wards, GP and Outreach services; therefore a car driver or designated driver is desirable.
Individuals must be available to work between the hours of 8.00 a.m. – 8.00 p.m. Monday to Friday, you will be required to also be available for Saturday & Sunday sessions rotational per month, and Bank Holidays cover will be rotational. Rotas will change from week to week therefore flexibility is required when applying for this post.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children) disclosure.
Please be aware, that we may close a vacancy earlier than stated, should a sufficient number of applications be received, you are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.
Advertising Date: 13th June 2018
Closing Date: 20th June 2018
Interview Date: TBC
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Tracey Atherton Ext 01704 705174
Alternatively: Carren Gaskell Ext 01704 705174
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491