NHS AfC: Band 7
- NHS AfC: Band 7
- Full time: 37.5
- £38,890 - £44,503 £38,890-£44,503 per annum
- 22/10/2020 23:59
2 full time positions
We are looking to recruit sonographers to join our team at St Helens & Knowsley NHS Trust. Applicants must hold a recognised ultrasound qualification (PgCert, PgDip or DMU), and be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.
A wide range of obstetric and non-obstetric examinations are undertaken across four sites (Whiston Hospital, St Helens Hospital, Newton Community Hospital and Widnes Urgent Care Centre). A community based antenatal ultrasound service is scheduled to open in April 2021 at Lowe House, St Helens. We act as a clinical placement site for the University of Cumbria’s Direct Access MSc Ultrasound programme and there are opportunities to engage in the training and mentorship of student sonographers.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals fully supports role extension and we have sonographers undertaking HyCoSy examinations, ultrasound guided joint injections and breast interventional procedures.
The department also undertakes seven day working and the successful candidate would be expected to undertake evening and weekend duties.
The successful applicant will also require an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is the BEST acute Trusts in England for the THIRD year running!
The Trust is currently the only acute Trust in Cheshire and Merseyside, and is one of few in the entire country, to achieve the title of OUTSTANDING, rated by the Care Quality Commission.
We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are also a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
Our latest achievements include:
- Acute Trust of the Year – HSJ Awards November 2019
- Trust rates Outstanding by the CQC – March 2019
- Best in the NHS, Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment 2017 and 2018
- The Trust achieved top marks in the country for areas including; cleanliness, food, privacy and dignity, facilities for patients living with dementia and disabilities, conditions, appearance and maintenance of the hospital buildings.
- Top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal)
- Best acute Trust in England (NHS Staff Survey 2017,2018 and 2019)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
In the NHS Staff Survey 2019 the Trust scored the highest marks in the following areas;
- Best place to receive treatment in the NHS (for 2nd year running)
- Top Acute Trust for treating its staff fairly with regards to career progression (for 3rd year running)
- Quality of care (best score for 5th year running)
- Staff engagement (best score for 4th year running)
- Staff morale (best score for 2nd year running)
- Bullying and harassment (best score for 2nd year running)
- Safety culture (best score for 2nd year running)
Our staff rated our Trust as the best place to work and receive treatment. The Trust has also been recognised, for the third year running, as being the top acute Trust in the entire country for staff engagement, staff motivation, and pride in the quality of care we provide to patients.
Closing date: 22nd October 2020
Interview date: 6th November 2020
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Katie Simm (Lead Sonographer) on 0151 430 1893
Karen Lord (Lead Maternity Sonographer) on 0151 430 1378
Colin Diment (Ultrasound Service Manager) on 0151 430 1893.