- NHS AfC: Band 5
- £22,128 - £28,746
- 30/05/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals Trust 409-1058798
Physiotherapist - Band 5
Full time 37.5 hours/week
Permanent x 2 Post
Salary: £22,128 to £28,746 pa
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking, motivated Physiotherapist(s) with excellent clinical, communication, organisational and time management skills to join our rotational carousel which works across the acute and community services including:
Integrated Stroke Services Hands
Medicine for Older People Acute Medicine
Critical Care Trauma and Orthopaedics
Burns and Plastics MSK Out patients
Intermediate Care Services Duffy Suite
A&E / Frailty
The successful candidate will:
- Deliver high standard evidence based care
- Perform therapy assessments of patients, providing a diagnosis to develop and deliver an individualised treatment programme
- Hold responsibility for their own caseload, working under supervision
- flexible approach to day to day tasks is essential, in order to meet the demands of the service especially as several of our services work over 7 days per week. Applicants will be expected to travel between bases and when necessary participate in providing community services.
- Our philosophy is to keep the patient at the heart of everything we do. We look for people who are willing to go the extra mile, not because they are asked to, but because they are committed to being part of a healthcare team that delivers an excellent caring service to our patients.
- In return for your hard work and dedication we can offer a friendly and welcoming team and all the support and continuing professional development you will need to make a difference to patients and staff. We have an innovative service of AHP’s with an excellent staff supervision system enabling our staff to be committed to developing both their service and themselves. Clinical Governance, research and audit activities are encouraged within the service.
- Current HCPC registration is essential. Interviews, medicals, references and DBS checks will be made prior to acceptance.
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for vulnerable adults and children) disclosure.
Advertising Date: 16th May 2018
Closing Date: 30th May 2018
Interview Date: TBC
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Gill Holmes/Lisa Williams, Therapy Operational Managers on 0151 430 1282
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491