- Band 5
- £22,128 - £28,746 pa pro rota
- 25/05/2018 23:59
If you are an NHS At Risk applicant, please state this in your supporting information section of your application form.
"Be part of the team that delivers "Excellent patient care in world class hospitals"
The Trust has 5 Values as defined by the Star Chart. Applicants are advised to familiarise themselves with these Values which can be found by clicking on the 'About Us' pages on the Trust internet site.
Our latest achievements include:
- St Helens Hospital rated outstanding (CQC 2016)
- Whiston Hospital rated good with outstanding features (CQC 2016)
- Best Patient Experience in the NHS (CHKS Top Hospitals Awards 2015)
- Best in the NHS in the Patient Led Assessment of the Care Environment (PLACE 2014 and 2015)
- Cancer services rated 4th best in the country by Macmillan Cancer Support 2014
- Ranked one of the highest in the country for extremely positive feedback received from patients (Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked highest in Cheshire and Merseyside for staff recommending the hospitals for the care of their friends and relatives (Staff Friends and Family Test, NHS England)
- Ranked in the top 100 places to work in the NHS (NHS Employers and Health Service Journal 2014)
In the 2017 Staff Satisfaction Survey the Trust was rated best nationally in the following areas,
- as a place to work
- a place to receive treatment
- staff satisfaction in the care they deliver
- staff satisfaction with the resources available to them and the support they receive
Staff Nurse (Special Care Baby Unit, Inpatient Wards and Children’s Community Nursing Team)
2x 37.5 hours fixed term Maternity Cover
1x 37.5 hours per week Permanent
£22,128 - £28,746 per annum
St Helens & Knowsley Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust is one of the leading acute Trusts in the North West of England. We provide a full range of acute adult services to our local population of circa 350,000 and provide tertiary services across a much wider area in the North West, North Wales and Isle of Man. We are a Major Trauma Unit and the Mersey Regional Burns Unit.
Our '5 Star Patient Care' strategy is at the heart of all that we do; supporting our vision to provide world class services for all our patients by getting it right for every patient, every time.
We are looking to appoint Band 5 Staff Nurses in Paediatrics to join our friendly, Paediatric nursing team. We would welcome applications from an experienced Staff Nurses, who have significant post registration experience within an acute hospital (neonates/ paediatrics) or children’s community setting and newly qualified nurses, with an interest in Paediatric nursing.
The department consists of the inpatient wards 3F and 4F. Ward 4F also houses the short stay beds in the Children’s Observation Unit (CHOBs). Approximately 6400 children are admitted into the total of 29 inpatient beds and 8 CHObs beds each year. Approximately 800 children are admitted each year for surgical procedures which are mostly day cases. The Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) is housed in the Maternity Unit and has 15 cots, of which two are high dependency cots. There are about 350 admissions to SCBU annually of sick and/or premature newborn infants.
The Children’s Community Nursing Team is hospital based and provides care to children in the local area who would otherwise be nursed in hospital. Rotation within the department is available.
This post will be subject to an Enhanced DBS (with barred list for children’s disclosure).
Advertising Date: 11.05.2018
Closing Date: 25.05.2018
Interview Date TBC
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
Clare Corcoran Ward Manager, email@example.com 0151 430 2850 or
Catherine Hargreaves Ward Manager SCBU 0151 430 1511 catherine.Hargreaves@sthk.nhs.uk
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0151 676 5491